Phototheca – The Best Photo Management Software for Windows
Note: When you purchase something after clicking links in our articles, we may earn a small commission.
Managing your photos has never been easier: view, sort, organize, edit, and share thousands of digital photos and videos on PC.
Phototheca Review at a Glance
Phototheca is a software which is used for image organizing. It offers you a lot of features and tools to organize images on your PC. Also, this software was released in the year 2012. And, it is developed by Lunarship Software. Since then, it has got a lot of updates with new features and tools. It has only become more efficient and powerful. This software can be a big-time help if you are looking to manage your pictures easily. The thing which attracts users towards this software is that it has an extensive image organizational features within it. Like, you can easily organize photos into folders with it. In this way, you will be able to categorize photos on a particular basis. It will be easy for you to find them again. Other than that, it also allows you to import images from another device which is a rare feature.
Along with the above features, Phototheca also has another feature of smart searches. This feature allows you to search an image through its names, keywords, titles, dates, ratings, years and weekdays, etc. In this way, if you remember any of this information about it then you will be able to find the picture. Also, it allows you to add tags to a picture which can be anything important about that picture. It provides software for Windows devices only. There is another great feature that allows creating a shared folder which you can share with your friends and family.
Key Features of Phototheca
- Import with intelligence
- Support importing from anywhere: local drives, USB sticks, cameras, cell phones, memory cards, network shares, iOS devices.
- Supports multiple RAW camera formats using the advantages of the Windows Imaging Component.
- Supports multiple video formats, allows us to tag videos with keywords and write descriptions. There are a lot of video formats available to use, including AVI, DivX, Flv, h264, MOV, mp4, MPEG, SWF, WMV, Xvid, and others.
- An auto-update for previously imported files is available.
- Tracks all locations with imported photos.
- Share to everywhere
- Flickr: Easily upload photos, Albums, and Events into new Sets or Photostream under your Flickr account.
- Google Photos: Upload selected photos, Albums and Events to Google Photos as well!
- Twitter: Just select from zero to four photos, click the button Tweet, type a text and submit!
- All metadata(EXIF, IPTC, etc.) is preserved.
- All uploads are going in the background, and you can continue to use the program in a meanwhile.
- Photo tagging and metadata. EXIF, IPTC, XMP
- Imports parts of metadata from EXIF and XMP sections: descriptions, tags (keywords), time stamps, camera models and orientations.
- Tags (keywords) support: Read, write and modify keywords on images
- Descriptions support: Write descriptions for images and albums.
- Fix incorrect time-stamps: For photos with incorrect timestamps due to missed camera setup — this feature helps you to do a batch time shift(correction) for multiple images in one go.
- Photo browsing and instant search
- Instant search across the library: Search works with photo titles, descriptions, keywords, as well as names and dates of albums and events.
- The ultimate all-photos view: Scroll through thousands of photos in a library in one view, where photos are grouped by events and albums, with sorting options applied.
- Calendar view with three different layouts: Scroll back and forth and switch between month, a year or all years’ scales.
- Timeline: A chart with bars that shows amounts of photos per specific time-frame.
- Photo organizing capabilities
- Events: Groups of photos which represent shots that were taken around the same time and place, like a vacation or birthday.
- Albums: Collections of photos that have no time frame which is practically being made manually by a user to collect photos of specific subjects in one place.
- Smart Album feature: Automatically populated album based on a set of specified conditions.
- Live Albums feature: Track the content of folders on drives or network shares where new photos from those folders will appear in a library automatically as they appear in those folders.
- Viewing capabilities
- Instant zoom-in and zoom-out slider for thumbnails view: a bird-eye overview of hundreds of thumbnails from the top or maximized thumbnails size for a detailed look — controlled with the handy slider at any time.
- Full-screen mode: Utilize every inch of your display to see more.
- Dual-view feature: Utilize a second display or projector for a constant full-size view of currently highlighted images.
- Slideshow feature: Run a slideshow and set up a pause time between the frames to make the show even more relaxed and enjoyable.
- Extra features
- Duplicates detection feature: Detect all duplicates in a photo library and provides the option to remove them and see where duplicates are stored on a disk.
- Protected photos feature: Hide photos into password-protected Safes.
- Export feature: Easily export a part of your library into another place. Photos, albums, and events can be exported in any combination.
- Email feature: Send photos by email, using various email clients. Phototheca can send photos via GMail, Outlook(desktop), Windows 10 Mail app and a default configured mail client.
To run #THE SOFTWARE with optimum reliability and performance, your system should match the following requirements:
- Operating system: Microsoft® Windows® 7/8/10 32/64-bit with up-to-date patches and service packs installed
- Processor: Intel®, AMD®, or compatible dual-core processor, 1.5 GHz
- Graphics card: Graphics card with OpenGL 1.4 or higher
- Display: 1280 × 768 screen resolution, 32-bit color. One or two displays
- RAM: 4 GB for Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10
- Hard drive space: 585 MB available hard disk space for installation, 1-5 GB for ongoing operations