Network Solutions Web Hosting Reviews
Note: When you purchase something after clicking links in our articles, we may earn a small commission.
About Network Solutions
Network Solutions was founded back in 1979 as a technology consulting company. In 1991, they were contracted by the federal government to operate the first domain name system registry.
The company went public with an IPO in 1997, and they have been bought out by several other companies since then. Network Solutions is currently a subsidiary of Web.com.
Pros and Cons of Network Solutions
Let’s take a look at the main advantages and disadvantages to using Network Solutions:
- Affordable cloud hosting plans
- Offers web design and development solutions
- 24/7 phone support
- Limited hosting types
Network Solutions Hosting Plans
Network Solutions offers a number of web hosting plans, including:
Cloud hosting appears to be Network Solutions’ primary web hosting option. Prices start at just $3.79 per month, and there are four options from which you can choose.
The best option for you depends on the number of websites you need hosting for, as well as the total amount of storage space you require. The more premium options also come with security suites and SSL certificates.
These plans support numerous apps and technologies, including WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, and MySQL.
Other benefits that come with their cloud hosting plans include 24/7 technical support and a 99.9% uptime guarantee. And as your website grows, you can easily upgrade your plan to access additional resources.
While the cloud hosting plans do support the WordPress platform, WordPress users might still prefer a specialized hosting plan.
Network Solutions offers three different options for WordPress hosting, with each plan supporting a different number of websites and offering a different amount of resources. Those with annual contracts will receive a free domain name as well.
|Storage||50 GB||100 GB||200 GB|
E-Commerce Store And Website Builder
Network Solutions also offers an all-in-one e-commerce solution, which includes both site building tools and the hosting needed to support everything.
This option provides you with all the tools you need to make online sales effectively and securely, such as:
- Fully customizable storefront
- Product page builder
- Inventory management
- Shopping cart
- Payment processing integration
You’ll also get built-in marketing tools and the ability to add a store to an existing website or blog.
In most cases, you’ll get email services with the purchase of a hosting plan from Network Solutions.
However, if that’s not the case (or if you simply want a bit more functionality from your email service), Network Solutions offers several specialized email plans to choose from.
Individuals should consider the Professional Email plan, which includes 15 GB of storage.
Small businesses, on the other hand, should look to the Professional Email Plus plan, which includes 30 GB of storage and a web-based productivity suite that includes word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation tools.
Network Solutions offers a website building tool that also comes with a domain, so you’ll be ready to share your website with the world right away.
In addition to their web hosting, e-commerce, and email products, other services offered by Network Solutions include:
- Website Builder: If you don’t already have a website, you can purchase Network Solutions’ website building package. It also comes with hosting and a domain, so you’ll be ready to publish your site as soon as you’re done building it.
- Custom Website Design: Network Solutions offers a full-service web design and development option. They will build you a full website, get it online, and help you maintain it.
- SSL Certificates: SSL certificates ensure that data transfers between your servers and your visitors remain secure, and they improve your search engine rankings as well. If your hosting package doesn’t include a certificate, you can purchase one separately from Network Solutions.
- SiteLock: Network Solutions offers SiteLock security and performance tools that will make your site faster and more secure. The Premium option gets you malware and vulnerability scans, as well as automatic malware removal. The Defend option gets you a firewall, malware and vulnerability scans, automatic malware removal, a CDN, dynamic caching, and threat blocking. If you already have issues with your site, consider the 911 and 911+Defend options.
Domain Name Registration
Network Solutions offers a full suite of domain name-related services, so you can use the company as your domain registrar without purchasing a hosting plan.
If you register your domain names with Network Solutions and are hosted on the company’s name servers, you will have access to the DNS Manager tool.
The Advanced Tools section of the DNS Manager tool allows you to make changes to your domain’s DNS records instead of waiting for your hosting company to make the changes on your behalf. Some of the things you can do include:
- Move specified domains to new name servers
- Configure CNAME records to set up aliases that are used in lieu of your primary domain
- Update the domain name associated with your IP address
- Specify the mail server to be used for email — if you have multiple servers, you can rank them by priority to determine which server will respond in the event that the primary mail server fails to do so
- Create new subdomains
Network Solutions Review Conclusion
Network Solutions is one of the most experienced players in the hosting and domain registration industry.
While the company doesn’t offer as many hosting options as others, they do provide cloud hosting to users at a budget-friendly price point. If that’s what you’re looking for, visit Network Solutions now.